Posts for tag: botox
As the aging process takes its course, you may start to notice a crinkle in your skin that wasn't there before. One might be a nuisance, but several can take a toll on your self-esteem. Fortunately, with more than 6 million administered treatments each year, BOTOX is the most popular FDA-approved cosmetic treatment that reduces fine lines and wrinkles. Here at Gairhan Dental Care, Dr. Emily Gairhan is qualified to perform complete facial aesthetics such as BOTOX, as well as dermal fillers. Read on to learn about the benefits of these restorative treatments.
What is BOTOX?
Frowning, squinting, raising your eyebrows—these are all successful ways to express ourselves, but sometimes, they come with consequences: fine lines and wrinkles. Also known as Botulinum toxin, BOTOX is a minimally-invasive injectable that removes wrinkles by temporarily paralyzing the muscles. It works to make skin visibly smoother by operating beneath the skin surface to target the underlying muscle activity that causes these imperfections.
How BOTOX Can Benefit You
As you grow older, the skin loses elasticity. It becomes thinner, drier, and loses its ability to protect itself from damage. Dr. Gairhan uses BOTOX injections to decrease the appearance of horizontal lines and expression wrinkles. Other advantages to BOTOX include:
- Minimal downtime
- Subtle and predictable results
- Quick and efficient procedure
- Preventive anti-aging method
Treatment and Recovery
The BOTOX injection process only takes 10 minutes to complete. Dr. Gairhan will safely administer this dermal filler into the appropriate problem areas after addressing your goals and performing an analysis of the facial muscles during your consultation. Because there is minimal downtime, you can return to your daily routine once you walk out the door.
Interested? Give Us a Call
If your skin furrows and folds due to crow's feet, frown lines, or forehead lines, consult with Dr. Gairhan to reduce the appearance of wrinkles. She can discuss your aesthetic goals and address any questions or concerns that may arise. For more information about BOTOX filler injections and other services provided in our office, visit our website or call to schedule an complimentary appointment. You can reach us at 870-931-1100 Monday - Wednesday 8am - 5pm and Thursday from 7am - 3pm.
Have you been considering Botox treatment but aren't sure if it's the right choice for you? Dr. Emily Gairhan, your Jonesboro, AR dentist, discusses the treatment process and explains how Botox can help minimize fine lines and wrinkles.
What is Botox?
Botox, derived from the botulinum toxin, helps smooth out the lines and wrinkles that form when you make facial expressions. The injections prevent nerve impulses from reaching your facial muscles, allowing them to relax. When the muscles are relaxed, the skin above them becomes smoother, and lines and wrinkles disappear or become less obvious.
How can Botox help me?
Botox injections are often used to:
- Make "11" Lines Less Noticeable: Botox injections offer an excellent way to minimize the appearance of the vertical lines that develop between your eyes.
- Reduce Forehead Furrows: Botox also smooths out horizontal lines that form on your forehead.
- Smooth Crow's Feet: Laugh lines around your eyes can make you look older than you feel. Botox injections make those lines less obvious.
- Improve Nasiolabial Fold Lines: As you age, the lines between your nose and mouth become more pronounced. Softening and smoothing the nasiolabial fold lines with Botox injections rejuvenates and refreshes your appearance.
- Make Neck Bands Less Prominent: After Botox injections, your face may look younger, but your neck can still give away your age. Botox provides an effective way to treat neck bands and wrinkles.
- Relieve Pain: Botox injections are often used to relieve TMJ pain and prevent migraines.
Why do Jonesboro dentists offer Botox?
Dentists routinely work with the area that extends from the forehead to the chin and have extensive experience injecting this area. Dr. Gairhan has also received specialized training from the American Academy of Facial Esthetics for both Botox injections and dermal fillers.
What happens during Botox treatment?
Before you receive your injections, Dr. Gairhan will numb your skin with a topical anesthetic. Depending on the number of injections you need, the entire treatment may take 10 minutes or less. After the injections, you can return to your normal activities immediately. It takes a little while for the injections to take effect, but in just under a week, you'll begin to notice a difference in your appearance. Follow up treatments every three to six months will help you maintain your results.
Enjoy a more youthful appearance with Botox injections. Call Dr. Gairhan, your Jonesboro, AR dentist, at (870) 931-1100 to schedule your appointment.